High level of ethics
Skanska aspires to operate with a high level of ethics in all our home markets. To achieve this, we are supported by our Code of Conduct and Supplier Code of Conduct, which explains the behaviors we expect from our supply chain and other partners.
"We are proud of the ethical business practices that we have established and the values we live by," says Skanska CEO Johan Karlström.
Our Code of Conduct
We live by our Code of Conduct and never accept shortcuts. 'Doing the right thing' is embedded in our processes, procedures and working environment. It translates into partner relationships, our culture and working environment and our procurement processes.
Our Code of Conduct defines how all Skanska employees work, no matter where we are in the world. We do not tolerate any form of corruption, bribery, unfair or anti-competitive activities, discrimination or harassment.
We have an ethical commitment to:
- We see it as a responsibility for all employees at Skanska to create a fair, healthy and safe workplace, where people can develop their professional skills and grow as individuals
- Our Injury-Free Environment program fosters a culture of care, both at work and at home
- Al employees receive code of conduct training when they join Skanska, and again every two years, helping them make the right decisions every day
- We believe the best business relationships are founded on respect and mutual benefit
- We champion a diverse supply chain and sustainable procurement policy
- We pay our supply chain promptly, always meeting our payment terms
- Our supply chain is bound by the principles of our Supplier Code of Conduct
- We are an integral part of society, and what we do goes beyond the projects we complete for our clients
- As the leading green contractor and developer, we are helping to drive the industry towards ever more sustainable solutions
- We encourage society to be greener through our work with government, industry bodies, customers and suppliers
- We are a good neighbor and strive to leave a positive legacy in the communities in which we work
Each Skanska business unit has an Ethics Committee that investigates all reports. One way to make reports is through our Code of Conduct Hotline. This is accessible to both employees and outside parties, including clients, suppliers and subcontractors. Read more about how to report a concern on the Skanska Group website.