Bank of America Tower
Located in the heart of downtown Houston, our 35-story, 775,000 square-foot Bank of America (BoA) Tower project offers a sustainable environment for tenants and visitors to thrive. Abundant daylight, use of district chilled water for cooling, and the active “tunnel level” retail and gathering space in the Understory are just some of the standout features of this office building.
Sustainability fun facts
- The 20,000 square-foot SkyPark on top of the BoA Tower is the first and largest green roof in downtown Houston to be open to all building tenants.
- This project uses 32 percent less energy than the typical office tower.
- This project features a 50,000-gallon rainwater collection designed to meet 100 percent of landscape irrigation and toilet flushing water demand.
- This project features a 40 percent parking reduction.
Awards and certifications
- LEED Platinum certification—and it is the first LEED v4 Platinum Core and Shell certified project in the United States
- Fitwel Three Star certification – the only building to date in Texas to achieve Fitwel Three Star certification, the highest level of this health & wellness building certification
- 2020 Engineering News-Record (ENR) Texas and Louisiana award for Best Office/Retail/Mixed-use Project
- Commercial Property Executive’s 2019 Top 10 LEED-Certified Buildings in Texas list
- Associated Builders & Contractors (ABC) of Greater Houston - Excellence in Construction Award 2019
- For-Profit Large Scale Development award at the 2020 ULI Houston Development of Distinction Awards
- Center for Active Design for the Best in Building Health 2020, receiving the highest score for the Fitwel Certification System’s v2 Multi-Tenant Based Building
- Houston Business Journal’s 2020 Landmark Award for Best Office Building