Compensation & Benefits
At Skanska, our employees are our greatest asset. We offer a competitive total reward package and positive work environment.
- Direct compensation includes competitive base salaries and incentive recognition programs based on employee level, business unit performance, and individual contribution.
- The Skanska Employee Ownership Program (Seop) provides the opportunity to own shares of Skanska through shares you purchase. The company awards additional match shares annually based on the shares you purchase, and performance shares based on the company’s performance each year.
- The health & welfare plans include competitive medical, dental, and vision plans, with an on-line option for accessing medical care. The program includes other voluntary benefit options and company sponsored disability and life insurances.
- Paid time off includes company holidays, vacation, personal days and paid sick and safe time.
- The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is available as a resource to employees and their family members regarding work-life issues such as child-care, eldercare, stress management, college planning, smoking cessation, and home buying help, just as a few examples.
Wellness and Work-Life Balance Support
Family and Personal Life
We recognize the importance of balancing work with family or personal life. We support our employees in achieving this, with maternity, FMLA and other time off options to accommodate family changes and life challenges, as well as the EAP that serves as a work-life balance resource.
We want our employees to be the best they can be and support them every step of the way. We create tailored learning and development plans to continually build on an individual’s skills and strengths. This includes mentoring, training courses and opportunities to work abroad.
We are committed to building a safe, happy and healthy community and we have a range of programs in place to support this. Our Injury-Free Environment program, daily Stretch & Flex, and Employee Assistance Program are just some of the things we have in place to ensure our employees stay healthy in all areas of their life.
We offer saving and investment programs that help our employees plan and achieve their personal financial goals. These include a 401k plan as well as the Seop program, both of which provide financial opportunities to save and invest for the future.
We offer the Working Advantage program, which provides savings on premium shopping websites, Broadway shows, movie tickets, hotels, and theme park and ski tickets - all of which allow employees to try new experiences with their family and friends during their free time.
Secure Travel, a service provided to all employees, provides emergency travel assistance as well as per-departure services.